DENSITY POLYETHYLENE SHEETS
Low Density Polyethylene Sheets are ideally
suited to many applications in the Chemical, Lining and
other industries due to its combination of properties.
It has outstanding chemical and electrical properties,
is nontoxic and has very low permeability to water.
Low Density Polyethylene Sheets have
excellent chemical resistance to alkalis, salt solutions,
most solvents and strong mineral acids however, they are
not resistant to strong oxidizing agents, such as fuming
nitric acid, hydrogen peroxide and chlorosulphuric acid.
Prolonged attack from aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated
hydrocarbons can cause swelling.
It is important to point out some peculiarities
of Low Density Polyethylene Sheets, which are:
- Excellent flexibility.
- Good impact strength even at low temperatures.
- Excellent Chemical resistance to alkalis, salt solutions,
most solvents and strong mineral acids.
- Very low, moisture vapour permeability and can act
as moisture barrier.
- Can be fabricated using standard plastic methods
for fixing and machining.
- Can be cut, drilled or milled using standard metal
- Riveting, welding, blanking and punching can all
be carried out easily.
Low Density Polyethylene Sheets are suitable
for application in the following industries:
- Chemical Industry (plant cladding)
- Lining Industry (tank lining)
- As Moisture barriers
- To make Waste bins, Seals, Gaskets, etc.
The LDPE Sheets are available in the following
sizes, colours and textures.
||1000 mm (standard)
||2000 mm (standard). Odd length also
offered against specific request.
||0.5 mm to 20 mm.
Black (offered against specific quantity and on request).
||Plain on both sides (standard)