The Polypropylene Sheets are
usually employed in the Chemical, Lining/Cladding, Luggage,
Food Processing and Packaging, Tan and Gold industry due
to their high resistance against chemical corrosion, high
temperatures, impact and abrasion. Polypropylene furthermore
has a low specific weight of about 0.91 gms. / cc. consequently
it is the lightest of all thermoplastic materials.
Considering that the most of
the thermoplastic resins cannot be used over 60° C, it is
important to point out that Polypropylene at 100° C still
retains approximately 30% of mechanical characteristics
available at room temperature. Since the Vicat softening
point of Polypropylene is high it can be considered as a
suitable material for use at temperatures between - 10°
C and 40° C. At this temperature also Polypropylene has
an high impact resistance. Under - 10° C Polypropylene looses
partially its resilience characteristics, whose value is
anyway more than sufficient for most of the usual applications.
The chemical resistance of Polypropylene
has been tested against most of the chemical reagents; organic
and inorganic, with excellent results also at temperatures,
where usually common thermoplastics cannot be employed anymore.
It is important to point out
some peculiarities of Polypropylene Sheets, making their
employment particularly interesting:
- Excellent resistance to most of the chemical reagents,
organic and inorganic.
- Insoluble in most chemicals making it an ideal anticorrosive material.
- High tolerance to impact and abrasion.
- Non-toxic, can be safely used to package food and water.
- Large articles can be made from PP as it is easy to weld.
- Tools used for machining metal and wood can be used for PP.
- Can be formed into a variety of shapes and sizes.
- It is important to point out the high resistance
to atmospheric agents in the special version with carbon
black. For outside applications at mild temperatures,
a better life is assured.
These peculiarities make Polypropylene
Sheets suitable for application in the following industries:
- Chemical Industry (construction of process vessels,
- Pollution Control Industry (fabricating chimneys,
ducting & ventilating)
- Fabrication Industry (fabricating various plastic
tanks like Electroplating tank, circulation tank, treatment
tank, passivation tank, rinse tank, mixing tank, etching
tank, metering tank, storage tank, chemical process tank,
waste water tank, washing tank, filter tank, developing
tank, anodizing tank, auxiliary process tank, ….etc)
- Laboratories (lab tables, lab tops)
- Lining / Cladding Industry (inside lining / cladding
of flanges, blowers)
- Food Processing and Packaging (boxes, container packaging,
to make vacuum / thermoformed articles)
- Luggage Industry (side corners of soft luggage)
- Poultry Farms (conveyor belts for collection of eggs)
- Education (blackboards)
PP Sheets are available in the following sizes, colours